The Advocacy for Women Endowment Fund
Full participation of women in our global mission and life is key to the health and ministry of The United Methodist Church, as evidenced in Galatians 3:28:
“In Christ’s family there can be no division into Jew and non-Jew, slave and free, male and female. Among us you all are equal. That is, we are all in common relationship with Jesus Christ.”
(The Message, by Eugene Petersen)
Beyond addressing gender discrimination, confronting sexual harassment and abuse, and nurturing women leaders, the General Commission on the Status and Role of Women helps raise the profile and participation of women at all levels of the Church.
The Advocacy for Women Endowment Fund, created in partnership with The United Methodist Church Foundation, will ensure that the Church’s mission of women’s empowerment and advocacy will continue well into the future—with your help.
What you can do
Your contribution to The Advocacy for Women Endowment Fund will allow GCSRW to continue to:
- Advocate for women in gender discrimination and sexual harassment cases.
- Identify discriminatory policies and practices in local churches, conferences, agencies and schools of theology.
- Encourage and develop women as leaders at all levels of the Church.
- Raise awareness of issues and concerns related to the status and role of women.
- Recommend plans and curricula for new understanding of theology and biblical history.
- Explore the relationship between spiritual gifts and women.
- You can make a monthly or yearly pledge – or a one-time contribution – in your own name or in honor of your mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, friend, teacher or pastor.
Gifts can be given to this fund in many ways and amounts to help you in the fulfillment of your stewardship commitment. All gifts to the endowment fund are tax-deductible.